Friday, May 15, 2009

Vera Bradley to the Rescue!




Hey everyone! So I know this post is a little out of season considering it isn't exactly the time of year for back-to-school shopping :P but I just can't resist mentioning this must-have backpack solution! (because I know I'll forget by the time back-to-school season rolls around haha). Anyway, being a freshman, I was quite surprised that nobody seems to use backpacks anymore in High School. Everyone carries these tote bags that fit MAYBE one binder or some just carry a designer shoulder bag. These seem totally impracticle to me, so I chose the backpack route - which induces much taunting, etc. It also detracts from my oh-so-adorable, carefully-selected outfits. I knew there must be a better way. And yes! Vera Bradley has come to the rescue with the most fashionable and FUNCTIONAL backpacks! Not only are they actually usable sizes with many compartments, but they come in all of her awesome prints, too! My favorites are the Mod Floral Pink and the Pinwheel Pink :). Find them at verabradley.com for $92.00!


Rebecca

2 comments:

  1. Hello Rebecca! I’m excited to be your first official comment. I love Vera Bradley, and own several Vera pieces myself. My only issue with her line is this: it doesn’t always match my outfits. I may be almost a little too obsessive about matching, but I simply don’t feel complete if my purse, bag, etc. doesn’t coordinate with my outfit. Say I was to wear my blue and green plaid shirt with one of the backpacks you have posted. Wouldn’t that be a major eye sore to look at walking in the halls?
    -Obsessive Matcher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there Obsessive Matcher!
    I would agree with you that sometimes these don't work out depending on what you are wearing, however I think that in most situations the Vera prints can stay separate from the "theme idea" of your outfit. In the past I have tried to match my school bag with my outfit, but it becomes way too crazy to switch bags every day. As long as you carry yourself well, the backpack will be great! ;)


    Rebecca
    (And thanks for being my first ever comment! yay!! :D)

    ReplyDelete